“Wearing masks is important. We want to recommend widespread use of masks. We are recommending that people can use cloth masks, just make sure there’s a three layer kind of thing.” – Dr Zweli Mkhize, South African Health Minister
When going to public places, especially crowded places, wearing a mask is highly recommended to help slow the spread on the Covid-19 virus. The most economic mask at the moment is the reusable cloth mask. It acts as a shield to block the respiratory droplets through which the virus spreads. The most common spread that comes from the mouth and nose are during speaking, coughing and sneezing.
Some important need to knows:
- Avoid touching the mask or your face, especially when in public.
- After arriving at home, wash the mask with soap and water (no chemicals). Leave the mask to dry in the sun / iron the mask.
- Do not touch the inside layer of the mask when taking it off or putting it on.
- Do not share your mask with anybody.
- The public should not be wearing medical masks.
The toolkit issued by the South African Government relating to the Covid-19 preventions recommends that every person should have two face masks so that they can be interchanged during washes.
We can help you with reusable/washable face masks – contact us today!
Resources: SA Corona Virus | Dr Zweli Mkhize recommends the widespread use of cloth masks | 10 April 2020